Vijayawada - Post bifurcation of AP

andhratalk
Telugu Teja

Re: Vijayawada - Post bifurcation of AP

Postby andhratalk » April 20th, 2015, 10:20 am

Ratan Tata's trust adopts villages for micro planning in Vijayawada Lokhsabha constituency

After six months of efforts, Vijayawada MP Kesineni Srinivas (Nani) succeeded in convincing Ratan Tata to have Tata Trust take up micro planning for all the 264 villages of Vijayawada Parliamentary Constituency.

“I want to make my constituency a model for development for the entire country and see to the well-being of the poorest of poor in the constituency. When I had adopted Gollamandala village as part of PM’s Sansad Adarsh Gram Yojana (SAGY) and had sought the help of Tata Trust for drafting the village development plan, I thought it was better if micro planning of my entire constituency was done. After much effort, I succeeded in meeting Ratan Tata and explained about my idea. He agreed to it and in a short period of time, had sent the team headed by Paresh to take up the project,” Nani told mediapersons on Sunday.

He said as Mahatma Gandhi said development of villages is not just facilitation of basic infrastructure like roads and drinking water, but to empower the individual to rise above and be self-sufficient. “We can do only to some extent, but it is the public participation, which makes all the difference,” he said while appealing the people to own up the project, as it is meant for their progress. The MP said he is thinking on the lines of long-term benefits and not ad hoc advantages.

Speaking on the occasion, ZP chairperson G Anuradha appreciated Tata Trust for coming forward to take up microplanning for the entire constituency.

She said development of the state and country can only happen with development of the village and focus should be on it. “It is imperative that people should participate. Without their participation, no programme will succeed. I urge the people to cooperate fully, since it is their programme, meant for their well being,” she said.

Paresh, project in-charge of micro planning for Vijayawada Parliamentary Constituency said they plan to complete the data collection and analysis as part of the micro planning in the next three months “It will be a web-based survey. We will take into account welfare schemes by the Union Government and State Government schemes. We will be using 1,200 volunteers drawn from the villagers for the survey,” he said.

Kesineni Srinivas said the entire cost of micro planning would be borne by the Tata Trust and he plans to have the effect of the micro planning visible in next three years.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/states/andhra_pradesh/Vwada-LS-Segment-Set-to-be-a-Role-Model-in-Gram-Swaraj/2015/04/20/article2773655.ece

andhratalk
Telugu Teja

Postby andhratalk » June 24th, 2015, 3:03 pm

andhratalk
Telugu Teja

Postby andhratalk » July 2nd, 2015, 12:24 pm

AP customs commissionerate comes up in the city.

Return to “Vijayawada”