Warangal can become the capital of telangana...

does warangal have the calibre to become a capital city?

Poll ended at April 10th, 2005, 5:15 am

Yes
100%
No
No votes

Total votes: 4

Phoenix
Telugu Bidda

Warangal can become the capital of telangana...

Postby Phoenix » March 31st, 2005, 5:15 am

if hyderabad is a flash point between andhra n telangana then the the next city to b addressed is warangal ... i believe this city is like a vizag to andhra... it has the calibre to become a capital city ... it has an excellent cultural heritage and naturally good location.... any views?

mandangi
Telugu Veera

Postby mandangi » March 31st, 2005, 10:01 am

In Hyderabad population of muslims and marathis is more. In my childhood days my father used to work in Warangal and my mother used to work in Kazipet. Warangal is good reflect of telugu culture. So Warangal should be capital of Telangana.
In India rich people become more rich and poor people become more poor. Because our politicians are following pro capitalistic policies.
Praveen Kumar Mandangi

Kalinga_tiger
Telugu Teja

Postby Kalinga_tiger » March 31st, 2005, 11:46 am

Warangal was capital of Kakatiyas. Kakatiyas also ruled some parts of Maharashtra, Karnataka, Chattisgarh, Orissa and Tamil nadu. Warangal city is having great history. It is also suitable as capital of Telangana.
Balijepalli Kranthi Kumar

cramble

hi

Postby cramble » April 1st, 2005, 6:34 am

Kalinga_tiger wrote:Warangal was capital of Kakatiyas. Kakatiyas also ruled some parts of Maharashtra, Karnataka, Chattisgarh, Orissa and Tamil nadu. Warangal city is having great history. It is also suitable as capital of Telangana.

Not only kakatiyas many small kingdoms too ruled keeping warangal as the capital... infact the city has reminants like 1000 pillar temple as compared to hyd having charminar... the sad fact is it isn't tht famous as charminar...

i wonder y warangal isn't even in the cards of the politicians of telangana...

Return to “Warangal”