Dialectical Materialism

Discussions on Communist Part of India (Maoist) (formerly People's War Group) and its operations in Andhra Pradesh
venkateswarlu

Dialectical Materialism

Postby venkateswarlu » August 21st, 2005, 10:57 pm

Please allow me to start a new topic. I request all the participants to contribute generously. Underastanding Dialectics is Key to sound revolutionary practice. My first question to the committed users is what is your thinking regarding the importance of the subject matter and how such knowledge could be disseminated. Please do not hesitate to post your synopsis of any dialectcal materialist aspect in this category. Thanks Venkateswarlu.
Understanding Dialectical Materialism is the Key to changing the World

prekshak

DM

Postby prekshak » August 25th, 2005, 1:16 am

Any suggestions for good books on this topic.

andhraammayi
Telugu Bidda

Postby andhraammayi » August 26th, 2005, 8:29 pm

Dialectical Materialism is the basis for Marxist theory. Anyone cannot claim to be a marxist unless he understands dialectical materialism well. Some people think Marx wasted time trying to fit everything into dialectics.

Marx used dialectics to analyze the human history. Dialectics was first (?) used by Hegel and though Marx rejected Hegel's idealism, Hegel had a lot of influence on Marx.

I think dialectical materialism is a science rather than a philosophy and people should be educated about it.

http://www.marxists.org/glossary/terms/d/i.htm

Here is a good start for beginners.
To repeat what others have said, requires education; to challenge it, requires brains.

venkateswarlu

DM

Postby venkateswarlu » August 28th, 2005, 1:57 am

To answer the question directly, Dialectics of nature by friederich engels is a good book. Another good book is Dialectical materialism by Ira Gollobin( Out of Print).
Understanding Dialectical Materialism is the Key to changing the World

Return to “Communist Party of India(Maoist)”