Discussions on various social and economic issues related to Andhra Pradesh
Bystander
Telugu Puli

AIDS test to be made must for marriages in AP

Postby Bystander » December 24th, 2006, 3:08 pm

http://www.hindu.com/2006/12/24/stories ... 100600.htm

"AIDS test to be made must for marriages

Special Correspondent

HYDERABAD : The Andhra Pradesh Government has decided to make AIDS test mandatory for both boys and girls before marriage.

A Bill to this effect will be introduced in the budget session of the Assembly next year after consultations with political parties.

Chief Minister Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy wants this law at the earliest, according to Health Minister K. Rosaiah.

The Minister told reporters here on Saturday that he would convene an all-party meeting shortly to evolve a consensus on the Bill. He hoped that the Bill would not be opposed by any party or organisation as AIDS test would not stand in the way of any religion or tradition. "

Do you agree or oppose, if so why? Making this mandatory theorotically help often vulnerable bride side, there can be cases to the contrary. However, could these reports be faked easily? In Medical world it is said, Doctor after finding that the patient is infected should be very careful in revealing the fact to patient. But once a candidate fails test, they would certainly face further dilemna in life.
On the positive side this could help act as deterrant for youth from going to wrong paths, which will force the people toward abstinance.

webgeek
Telugu Simham

Postby webgeek » December 25th, 2006, 6:42 am

I think this is a good move. This way we can do a check and keep this headache at bay without allowing it to bay. But i wonder what will be the fate of the person who gets tested positive.. :?:
I like Tomorrow...
Because I like waiting for it to come everyday..

Return to “Social Issues”