Ban caste associations

Discussions on various social and economic issues related to Andhra Pradesh
YasodharaDevi
Telugu Puli

Re: YSR

Postby YasodharaDevi » April 13th, 2005, 8:32 pm

NadendlaSooryam wrote:Well said. I know one person who removed caste name from his name even continuing in hinduism. His name is Mallidi Raja Sekhar. He belong to village Rayavaram in East Godavari district. He used to be called as Mallidi Raja Sekhar Reddy. He removed caste name reddy from his name.

I appreciate Mr Mallidi Raja Sekhar very much.

mandangi
Telugu Veera

Re: YSR

Postby mandangi » April 15th, 2005, 10:36 am

YasodharaDevi wrote:
NadendlaSooryam wrote:Well said. I know one person who removed caste name from his name even continuing in hinduism. His name is Mallidi Raja Sekhar. He belong to village Rayavaram in East Godavari district. He used to be called as Mallidi Raja Sekhar Reddy. He removed caste name reddy from his name.

I appreciate Mr Mallidi Raja Sekhar very much.

Very good. We should solve our own problems. Who are those bishops and pastors to interfere in matters of hindus?
In India rich people become more rich and poor people become more poor. Because our politicians are following pro capitalistic policies.
Praveen Kumar Mandangi

Bystander
Telugu Puli

Postby Bystander » March 8th, 2007, 11:59 pm

This is what I heard on recent visit to Guntur, that in certain colleges, majority caste has imposed a rule that male students of other communities should not talk or have any type of interaction with female students of their community. It is found guilty, they will beat up both the other coomunity male and punish their female caste member. This has taken some ugly proportions, some of which reached to police.
Irony of it happenning educational institutions. Really hopeless, students getting into this type of life style from college. It appears to be our caste versus others. Wonder who is orchestrating such things.
Devide seem to be as deep as Bush versus Bin Laden.
Perhaps we should bring forthe legislations to make caste pejudices heavily punisheable under law. There are some to protect weaker sections. But rest of people making up 80% or so seem as bitterly divided.
Perhaps this explains why most of central coastal people want united AP, perhaps to have larger place to run away from this type evil society.

statesman
Telugu Veera

Postby statesman » March 25th, 2007, 10:51 am

it will be good if some political party of an outfit or an NGO starts an agitation to ban all caste associations and off course castes it self
STATESMAN

Return to “Social Issues”