manufacturing vs service sector

Discussions on various social and economic issues related to Andhra Pradesh
Mrinalini Adibhatla
Telugu Bidda

Postby Mrinalini Adibhatla » August 20th, 2006, 1:46 pm

Stalinist wrote:I am not supporting Chinese ultra-capitalism. Russian Maoist Party(RMP) also agreed that Chinese politicians are pseudo-Maoists and ultra-capitalists.
There are also fools who criticise communists as imperialists by exampling about ultra-imperialists like Nikita Khruschev, Leonid Brezhnev etc.

sivego
Telugu Teja

Postby sivego » August 23rd, 2006, 6:56 pm

It has come as a relief that the government is now focusing on enhancing the potential of the manufacturing sector. Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s chairing the High Level Committee on manufacturing can indeed be seen as an indication that the government is serious in its commitment to bring about a major facelift to this sector. I strongly feel that competitiveness in manufacturing is the need of the day if we are to achieve more than 8 percent growth.

India's manufacturing sector has a massive investment requirement of $135 billion and there is an urgent need to bring in reforms, to streamline all laws to woo investors. Foreign Direct Investment will help in bringing with it modern technology and business practices and will help in increasing the competitiveness of the domestic industry.

In my opinion, the authorities should begin by taking up certain sectors including textiles and garments and IT hardware and electronics for consideration and then rope in the other sectors too.

Having said that, we will also have to look into related core areas like labour law reforms, skilled man-power and other similar fields that have for long been hurting our manufacturing sector.

Moreover, an enhanced coordination between the various departments is a must to ensure that maximum output is achieved.
sivego

ved
Telugu Veera

Postby ved » September 7th, 2006, 10:55 am

Just in these lines, Govt is contemplating to allow more SEZs in the country. There are lot of private enterprises that are interested in starting their own SEZs. There is lot of opposition due to loss of tax revenue. But the commerce minister Kamal Nath thinks that by creating direct employment it will offset to the order of Rs 60,000 crores.

prasadbbabu
Telugu Puli

Head quarters at New York?

Postby prasadbbabu » February 6th, 2007, 2:00 pm

Stalinist wrote:I am receiving a revolutionary monthly magazine of an international Communist party named Free Peoples Movement that is having head quarters at New York. They wrote how Amerikkkan ultra capitalists are arresting leaders of Free Peoples Movement on false cases. They also printed photos of those arrests. I am not supporting Chinese ultra-capitalism. Russian Maoist Party(RMP) also agreed that Chinese politicians are pseudo-Maoists and ultra-capitalists.

Next time when you receive such a magazine with New York address:
1) Write something to that address and see if it reaches.
2) See on the envelope from where it was mailed.
3) See if they ever used a street address in USA
etc etc. good luck.

Return to “Social Issues”