How to bring order in this society for better living

Discussions on various social and economic issues related to Andhra Pradesh
sivego
Telugu Teja

How to bring order in this society for better living

Postby sivego » January 5th, 2005, 5:23 pm

Can members suggest methods how to bring the order in this society as majority of the citizens in both urban and rural areas are habituated to give trouble to others call it as telling lies wether required or not,road sense, auto charges,market tricks,falthu advertising, cheating, critisising each and every body on every thing, offering bribes even if it is not required at government offices and using only short cuts.

Do we need this much freedom in this country?Is it not hampering in improving our living standards? will we change at all?
sivego

Bystander
Telugu Puli

Postby Bystander » January 6th, 2005, 10:09 am

Withdrawing.
Last edited by Bystander on January 30th, 2005, 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

venugopalsistla
Telugu Bidda

Social Issues -> How to bring order in this society for b

Postby venugopalsistla » January 6th, 2005, 10:45 am

I was driving at Dwaraka nagar, vizag recently with one of my very important friend from Hyderbad.We stopped at the signal and my friend was waiving hands for the people waiting on cross lane to cross over the road as the signal is given for crossing on gebra line. I have told my friend that they will not cross now and only cross when our vehicles get green. my friend bursted in laugher and told Vizag is also like Hyderabad.

SO MANY PEOPLE DO NOT EVEN KNOW THAT THEY SHOULD NOT WALK ON ROADS IN SLANT/CROSS TO THE PLANE OF THE ROAD. THEY DO NOT JUST CROSS THE ROAD IN PERPENDICULAR TO THE ROAD. THIS CREATES LOT OF INCONVENIANCE TO THE PUBLIC.

We observe so many people wait at right hand corner of the road at signals on their vehicles when they have to take left turn or vice versa and create trouble for people going in straight direction.

In vizag, waltair area girls are driving more mad than boys and they are only making more accidents by overtaking in 4 wheeler/fast track lane.Two and three wheeler drivers want to drive only 4 wheeler lane. who can teach them lane discipline.

WE WILL HAVE TO DOWN OUR HEAD WHEN PEOPLE DO OPEN DEFECATION ON GOOD ROADS AND HIGHWAYS.
venugopal sistla

YasodharaDevi
Telugu Puli

Postby YasodharaDevi » January 6th, 2005, 10:51 am

Bystander wrote:Excellent topic to have been brought out Mr. Sivego.
This apathy of public has been cause of shame for all of us. Each topic listed by you deserves separate discussion.
Take road sense. We will readily litter them. Spit on them. Show no respect to others. This is our present culture. A very bad culture. Every effort must be made to change this. Teach in schools, in temples, in public meetings. Above all have more strict legislations. Have more efficient garbage clearing system etc. It is people, peoples attitudes that have to change.

Even there are spitoons(ummi thottelu) they spit outside them.

Return to “Social Issues”