Only hindus should be allowed into Tirumala temple

Talk about general religious practices in Andhra Pradesh. We are secular and respect all religions - No hatred talks here!!
Manjit

Re: Only hindus should be allowed into Tirumala temple

Postby Manjit » May 13th, 2009, 6:20 am

VyricharlaRahulKumarDeo wrote:Only hindus should be allowed into Tirumala temple. Tirumala temple is one of the most sacred temple of hindus. Non muslims are not allowed into Mecca mosque and non christians are not allowed into vatican chruch.

You're right about non-Muslims being forbidden from entering not only the Masjid al-Haram but also the entire city of Mecca. However it is an outright lie (or perhaps ignorance on your part) to say that non-Christians are not allowed to enter 'the Vatican church' (called St. Peter's Basilica, by the way). EVERYONE, not just Christians, IS ALLOWED to ENTER both the VATICAN CITY as well as the BASILICA and other tourist sites, such as the Vatican Museums, the Sistine Chapel (considered particularily sacred), etc.

RIPPLEMAN
Telugu Bidda

Postby RIPPLEMAN » May 13th, 2009, 4:53 pm

Hello All, I too don't agree with what TTD says. However, its only that some christian communities are trying to campaign christianity in Tirumala. I can't go into a church and talk about hinduism and its prominance. Even in a secular country its treated as an offence to a religion. We cant force someone to change their religion its upto them if they want to get baptised.

I heard from some known sources that christian communities are saying they can cure some uncurable diseases if hundus we get baptised and convert into christians. My close relatives have taken-up christianity and then they were given some medicine which cured some eye related diseases, temporarily. This is happening on vigorously in andhrapradesh. They are saying that this is the miracle of GOD.

I am a Hindu, I work with christian communities to help poor and needy. I have created two websites for them absolutely free(deliveranceprayerhouse.info. and aparnaes.com). They provide food and shelter to needy women and free education to street kids.

Respect every religion but dont try to campaign about christianity or any other religion in hindu or other religious places. "Even the GOD would not appreciate this act".

Bystander
Telugu Puli

Postby Bystander » December 26th, 2009, 7:09 pm

This is post is not about Hindu versus any other religion.
What are Gods doing on earth? Why so much importance to religion even in this scientific age?
Since there is only one earth or universe we know, there should be one or the same few Gods. They could be of different name, but all must be same. So, what is in the name or place or local of international God?
Any one can worship God if he likes to do so. It should not be organized on streets. No one should be allowed hold public meetings or conduct public festivals. Religion is personal and related to mind.
You know why the problem arises between religions. They all described God in human form. Humans or human forms have severe limitations, that any thing associated with it can simply not be God.
Reason why all got it wrong is - we keep asking the wrong question. Who is God? Wrong question!
More appropriate question should have been to ask how or what could be God? You could probably get better answers, and also would eliminate need for so many religions and names of Gods.
Religion is commercialization of the unknown. God gives boons, is the lure to survive on the trade of God. They even tell you there is wealth God. How can wealth be God? Wealth is human defined word. There is God for removal of obstructions! One can recite a mantra or put up an object to rid of bad effects.
Science does not have all answers. It may not even be perfect. But, is definitely a better alternative to blind belief.
May God save humanity from religions, by giving more wisdom!

Return to “Religion & Religious practices”