International Airports in AndhraPradesh.

Join our Economic & infrastructural development in Andhra Pradesh
webgeek
Telugu Simham

Postby webgeek » November 25th, 2008, 8:31 am

Connecting Tirupati will international destinations will surely help. We will be witnessing huge passenger traffic (and revenue) because of this.
I like Tomorrow...
Because I like waiting for it to come everyday..

sreem

Postby sreem » November 29th, 2008, 7:04 pm

Why in March?? is it due to nearing elections or a month before elections ??? Another poke at the innocence of the public...

Texas

Postby Texas » December 9th, 2008, 9:52 am

The present government is building lot of airports in AP. Is there a policy to the government where to build and the distance between two airports ?

The reason why I'm asking is they are building new airports in Ongole, Tadepalligudem. There are much bigger cities in coastal than ongole and Tadepalligudem commercially and populationwise. Ex Guntur, Nellore.

They ignored these two cities. Is there a reason behind this ? Are they going to make Ongole as the capital city of Coastal Andhra in case AP is divided ? It sounds like that for me.

Guntur is definetly a bigger city/richer city/and center of commercial crops agricultural activities. Business people here has lots of connections with Tobacco traders nationally and internationally. There are around 600 ginning mills and pressing mills in Guntur and they have lot of business deals with coimbatore based spinning mills owners. Apart from that there are around 40 spinning mills around guntur. Biggest chilli market in Asia where traders from all over India participate. There are 60 cold storages to store agriculture produce within the city limits of guntur. South India's biggest Turmeric market is located just 20 km from guntur where traders from every where will participate. Guntur's twin brother Vijayawada is no small. It has the biggest autonagar where lots of auto parts industries are there. Vijayawada is no less agriculture city. It has the biggest mango market where lot of traders participate.

The most convenient location for all these people is between Guntur-Vijayawada.

Nellore is a big town too. But atleast they have a international airport at Chennai.

Vizag is going to get one.

I think Vijayawada-Guntur will get sandwiched between Chennai and Vizag/hyderabad for these infrastructure projects. Oneway this is a disadvantage being in the center and almost same distance between all the cities.

Vijayawada to Vizag 400 KM
Guntur to Chennai 400 KM
Vijayawada to Hyderabad 300 KM (via suryapet)
Guntur to Hyderabad 300KM (via Miryalaguda)

Any thoughts?

kool guy
Telugu Bidda

Postby kool guy » December 9th, 2008, 2:51 pm

Texas wrote:The present government is building lot of airports in AP. Is there a policy to the government where to build and the distance between two airports ?

The reason why I'm asking is they are building new airports in Ongole, Tadepalligudem. There are much bigger cities in coastal than ongole and Tadepalligudem commercially and populationwise. Ex Guntur, Nellore.

They ignored these two cities. Is there a reason behind this ? Are they going to make Ongole as the capital city of Coastal Andhra in case AP is divided ? It sounds like that for me.

Guntur is definetly a bigger city/richer city/and center of commercial crops agricultural activities. Business people here has lots of connections with Tobacco traders nationally and internationally. There are around 600 ginning mills and pressing mills in Guntur and they have lot of business deals with coimbatore based spinning mills owners. Apart from that there are around 40 spinning mills around guntur. Biggest chilli market in Asia where traders from all over India participate. There are 60 cold storages to store agriculture produce within the city limits of guntur. South India's biggest Turmeric market is located just 20 km from guntur where traders from every where will participate. Guntur's twin brother Vijayawada is no small. It has the biggest autonagar where lots of auto parts industries are there. Vijayawada is no less agriculture city. It has the biggest mango market where lot of traders participate.

The most convenient location for all these people is between Guntur-Vijayawada.

Nellore is a big town too. But atleast they have a international airport at Chennai.

Vizag is going to get one.

I think Vijayawada-Guntur will get sandwiched between Chennai and Vizag/hyderabad for these infrastructure projects. Oneway this is a disadvantage being in the center and almost same distance between all the cities.

Vijayawada to Vizag 400 KM
Guntur to Chennai 400 KM
Vijayawada to Hyderabad 300 KM (via suryapet)
Guntur to Hyderabad 300KM (via Miryalaguda)

Any thoughts?

Texas as you know that our state has totally 5 commercial airports i.e. Hyderabad, Visakhapatnam, Vijayawada, Tirupati and Rajahmundry. Out of these Hyderabad is already an international Visakhapatnam and Tirupati will get International flights soon (expected March) and Vijayawada will be declared an international with in 2-4 years. As for the Airports being built in Ongole and Tadepalligudem I dont know about it and thank you for the information. Well about an airport in Guntur, I think that as the distance between Guntur and Vijayawada is very less and the people can board the planes coming to Vijayawada airport as it will be a complete waste of money and time building two airports within radius of 100kms. Well even I m surprised that the Government is building Airport in Tadepalligudem as a big shocker as the Gannavaram Airport and Rajahmundry Airport are both nearby to it. I think our government and the AAI have got excess of funds and dont know how to utilize them. These guys just lack common sense. Do you know despite that South sectors contribute a lot in Aviation the Airports in the southern states are not that well developed!!! Even small airports in Northern India like Agra, Khajuraho etc. who receive just 1-2 flights a day are better equipped than an Airport in South in terms of facilities.
Kool Guy

Return to “Economic & Infrastructural Development”