Greater Guntur

apwala
Telugu Bidda

Greater Guntur

Postby apwala » September 27th, 2005, 12:16 pm

Hello,

I feel that the state cabinets decision to consider giving Greater status to Guntur is a good decision by including vja with it.

I always felt that vja should be merged with Guntur and then a greater status should be given to Guntur. Just as sec is merged with Hyd and a greater status is being given to Hyd. Vizag is a different case. I'm not bothered about Vizag, becoz it will anyway get that greater status.

What you guys feel?

humane

Re: Greater Guntur

Postby humane » October 1st, 2005, 2:28 am

Yes, I am going to have to agree with you. Please do check my other posting (that I replied to your mail). GNT should be given this status combining larger area (till Prakasam Barage on East, Vadlamudi on South, Chowdavaram South-West etc).

If they have to use Names like GNT-North/East or New Guntur that is fine as well. I believe there is already a 'New Guntur' Train Station built on East-SouthEast side.

[quote="apwala"]Hello,

I feel that the state cabinets decision to consider giving Greater status to Guntur is a good decision by including vja with it.

I always felt that vja should be merged with Guntur and then a greater status should be given to Guntur. Just as sec is merged with Hyd and a greater status is being given to Hyd. Vizag is a different case. I'm not bothered about Vizag, becoz it will anyway get that greater status.

What you guys feel?[/quote]

vpkgnt

Greater Guntur

Postby vpkgnt » June 28th, 2011, 4:46 pm

It is essential to form Greater Guntur as the existing city limits are totally compressed with large no. of population. Moreover, adjacent villages to the city are desirous to join in Greater Guntur like Gorantla, Reddipalem etc. If the greater guntur is formed, traffic congestion can be arrested in the city. I hope govt. will take a positive decision by merging 15 surrounding villages albeit some of the villages refusing to join in Greater Guntur.

Return to “Guntur”