Chikungunya in Andhra

webgeek
Telugu Simham

Postby webgeek » August 9th, 2006, 4:15 pm

Statesman, I guess you need to do a bit of re'search' on the topic.... :wink:
I like Tomorrow...
Because I like waiting for it to come everyday..

statesman
Telugu Veera

Postby statesman » August 9th, 2006, 4:41 pm

Mr.Webgreek,

recently i was in hyderabad and i have at least 25 relative families living in hyd. at various l;ocations, i have verified all the families and i understand that continuously only two of 25 are getting regularly fevers and suffering for no. of days, mind you all our families are vegetarian but these two families guys are eating out all junk foods may be including chicken biriyanis etc. people those who are eating at home are far away from these fevers.
STATESMAN

webgeek
Telugu Simham

Postby webgeek » August 9th, 2006, 4:52 pm

Thanks Statesman for the info.. But what was being told by doctors was that they are spread only by Mosquitoes. There are many versions on this fever but one thing is true. This fever decreases our resistance power thus paving way for other similar / related fevers or diseases to come up. The end result is that they all together destroy the person...

As far as having chicken, I'd better not comment for there is already enough discussion going on in our Vegetarians section.. :wink:
I like Tomorrow...

Because I like waiting for it to come everyday..

statesman
Telugu Veera

Postby statesman » August 11th, 2006, 9:59 am

Mr.Webgreek, chikungunya spreads through mosquitos right, but the mosquitos get it first after biting chicken or touching rotten chicken food items, mosquitos are transmitters only not origianators, source is chicken.
STATESMAN

Return to “Highlights of 2006”