Diwali Celebrations 2006

webgeek
Telugu Simham

Diwali Celebrations 2006

Postby webgeek » October 21st, 2006, 10:28 am

Guys,

Firstly a very happy Diwali to you all!!

I am sure, you'd have lots of things to share about the Diwali / Deepavali celebrations of the year. Here are few things i penned down:

1. Decrease in number of shops selling Diwali stuff. I remember few years there are hundreds of stalls of all sizes in almost every district set up atleast 10 days ago. But this year many have dissaperared.

2. Pollution is a big problem for all of us. Sound pollution / Air pollution are at an alarming high. Probably a decrease in usage of fire stuff would put pollution levels at the levels they are now.

3. Gold rates have bounced back and gold merchants are banking good with this. Even banks are doing their bit to sell more gold bars. Diwali and Dhanatrayodashi come near and hence a great time for the marketers..
I like Tomorrow...
Because I like waiting for it to come everyday..

kumars
Telugu Kavi

Postby kumars » October 23rd, 2006, 11:56 am

celebrations this time has taken a low profile in most of back ward areas,

celebration has come down considerably compared to last year.
And most of people r spending less on crackers year by year. This may be due to high rise on crackers price.

It is really worth encouraging people to celebrate festival with candles and spend less money on crackers thereby reducing the degree pollution.
For Better Tomorrow
Kumars

webgeek
Telugu Simham

Postby webgeek » October 23rd, 2006, 9:30 pm

kumars wrote:celebrations this time has taken a low profile in most of back ward areas

Not just in the backwards regions, even towns too looked bleak. I guess the heft cost of the diwali items and the decline in stalls has led to this. What do you say?
I like Tomorrow...

Because I like waiting for it to come everyday..

ved
Telugu Veera

Postby ved » October 24th, 2006, 11:00 am

Though I consider spending is an important part of econmic activity, not wasting moeny on fire works may not be a bad thing. It probably speaks maturity of Indian consumer. Hopefully, they are spending on something more productive.

Return to “Highlights of 2006”