Cruise / Boat Travel more costlier?

From APSRTC to MMTS to the recent developments at Visakhapatnam Airport to Kingfisher Airlines and other private airliners extending their cover on the AP map - You can talk about them all here
webgeek
Telugu Simham

Cruise / Boat Travel more costlier?

Postby webgeek » March 2nd, 2006, 10:08 pm

It may be recalled that the recent budget has increased the tax on luxury tours on cruises (dont know if it for cruise visits in foreign countries or as well in India). If this tax also applies for Indian cruises, i think that most of the businessmen who put in money in theme parks and setting up boat facilities or other adventure sports will not come forward for promoting such tourism. After all, who will go on a boat shikar when it costs Rs. 250 per head for a 1-hour ride. At least, most of the middle class families will never think of such things....

In an indirect sense, the AP Tourism Corporation will have no impact. Because Govt. establishments need not pay taxes
I like Tomorrow...
Because I like waiting for it to come everyday..

ved
Telugu Veera

Postby ved » March 3rd, 2006, 11:17 am

Most of the luxury cruises are used by upper middle calss and rich. I don't think it will have any impact on luxury cruises. The one hour boat trips like the one offered from Vizag beach doesn't come under luxury cruise.

I'm more concerned about tax on ATM withdrawls. Now a days lot of poeple use ATM to withdraw money. If your bank charges a tax on ATM withdrwal, don't you switch back to over the counter withdrawl. That is like puting banking industry back into 1990s.
Last edited by ved on March 3rd, 2006, 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

kumars
Telugu Kavi

Postby kumars » March 3rd, 2006, 11:22 am

people of higher income group may not feel the impact of hike in luxury cruises. Retaining same railway fares is appreciated. I feel this is the first budget without witnessing a hike in railway fares.
For Better Tomorrow
Kumars

ravikirankethe

Postby ravikirankethe » March 29th, 2006, 10:03 pm

I think last time also the train fares are not increased. After laloo came, I think he is trying to get the revenue for the other means rather than increasing the passenger fares.
Ravi Kethe

Return to “Travel & Transportation in Andhra Pradesh”