APSTRC better than many other state RTCs

From APSRTC to MMTS to the recent developments at Visakhapatnam Airport to Kingfisher Airlines and other private airliners extending their cover on the AP map - You can talk about them all here

APSTRC better than many other state RTCs

Postby Guest » January 26th, 2005, 3:41 pm

I donot know how many state road transport corporation services people on this forum have seen, but I have been to Delhi, UP, Bombay, and West Bengal.

I find that APSRTC is many times better than the services provided by any other states. Yes, there are some problems like delay in arriving etc, but the quality of services, number wise and facilities wise is far superior than any other state.

I am presently in West Bengal. Getting into a bus in Kolkata is as good as getting into HELL!!! There are mainly private operated buses and the condition of buses is real poor. They stop wherever you want, but stay there till all seats are fill!!! The seats are real congested, the engines make real headaching sound, and the drivers are real rash.

In UP, too there domination is my private operators. In addition there is a heavy competition with tempos (7 seater autos) and jeeps. The servies of buses is real bad. Ones I had to travel from Kanpur to Jhansi by a private tourist bus (Sadly, the government serive is totally unpredictable). There was no space in side the buss to keep any bags, so we had to put the bags in the "dicky". I was charged Rs.10 per bag, and this is in addition to the fare from Kanpur ot Jhansi.

In both UP as well as West Bengal, there is no meaning of bus complexes. Even if there is a complex, it is in real poor state in terms of facilities. There will be absolutely no on to guide you about the buses etc. The bus stand will look more like a muddy road.

In Mumbai, though there are good buses, no one prefers, due to very high fare (as compared to the train fare) and the heavy traffic and traffic jams.

The kind of facilities I say at Vijayawada bus complex are uncomparable to any outside AP. We have 24hr tiffin center, dorm, medical shops, cloak room, telephone services, book shops, and even an ice-cream palor. In addition, we have computerized counters too.

It was only after I came out of Andhra Pradesh, that I realized how good the transport facilities in AP are. I am not saying that there are problems with our APSRTC, but I definetly feel that it better than any other service I have seen.

If someone has experience abt the serives in Karnataka, Tamilnadu and Kerala, please post.

sodhilogin

About the above post...

Postby sodhilogin » January 26th, 2005, 3:43 pm

The above post was made by me and has got registered as GUEST... Initially I waa unable to login and post due to some reason. Then had to clear cookies and post. Forgot to login before posting....

NadendlaSooryam
Telugu Simham

Postby NadendlaSooryam » January 26th, 2005, 4:39 pm

Travelling in autos is dangerous. Auto bus kinda padite auto chitthadi aipotundi kani bus matram antaga damage avvadu.

Postby Guest » January 27th, 2005, 9:41 am

NadendlaSooryam wrote:Travelling in autos is dangerous. Auto bus kinda padite auto chitthadi aipotundi kani bus matram antaga damage avvadu.

According to rules auto's can carry maximum 5 people. But many auto's carry 8\9 people at a time. Anta loadto pote bolta pade avakasalu ekkuva.

Return to “Travel & Transportation in Andhra Pradesh”