MMTS a big failure in Hyderabad.....

apwala
Telugu Bidda

MMTS a big failure in Hyderabad.....

Postby apwala » December 27th, 2005, 10:06 am

Ten MMTS trains cancelled

Staff Reporter

SCR cites lack of patronage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patronage was a problem initially too
Lack of connecting bus services cited
Buses too withdrawn due to non-viability
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HYDERABAD: After several abortive attempts to withdraw the Multi Model Transit System (MMTS) services, the South Central Railway finally cancelled 10 trains from Tuesday, citing lack of patronage.

The cancelled trains are:

FL-9 Falaknuma-Lingampally departing Falaknuma at 9.20 p.m.

LF-1 Lingampally-Falaknuma departing Lingampally 4.40 a.m.

LH-6 Lingampally-Hyderabad departing Lingampally at 2.55 p.m.

HL-7 Hyderabad-Lingampally departing Hyderabad at 4.20 p.m.

LH-12 Lingampally-Hyderabad departing Lingampally at 9.30 p.m.

HL-1 Hyderabad-Lingampally departing Hyderabad at 5.50 a.m.

LS-1 Lingampally-Secunderabad departing Lingampally at 10.30 p.m.

SL-1 Secunderabad-Lingampally departing Secunderabad at 5.40 a.m.

SF-1 Secunderbad-Falaknuma departing Secunderabad at 5.10 a.m.

FS-6 Falaknuma-Secunderabad departing Falaknuma at 10.40 p.m.

This is the first time that the MMTS trains were withdrawn since their introduction in August 2003.

To begin with, 20 trains were introduced from 5 am till 10.30 p.m. with a service every half hour. Each train has a capacity of 2,832 passengers. Patronage was a problem initially too and the South Central Railway blamed it on lack of connecting bus services.

The APSRTC introduced some connecting buses early this year after much persuasion, but the fleet of 50 buses were withdrawn without any notice citing commercial non-viability.

The above is an extract of the article in Hindu. Hyd is not a Metro and don't try and show it as a Metro.

webgeek
Telugu Simham

Postby webgeek » December 27th, 2005, 4:37 pm

This is true to a certain extent. It is waste of running MMTS trains when there is no crowd. I was telling this only in regard to certain routes where there is not much traffic
I like Tomorrow...
Because I like waiting for it to come everyday..

NadendlaSooryam
Telugu Simham

Postby NadendlaSooryam » December 27th, 2005, 6:43 pm

Hyderabad is a pseudo developed city. Some people say that Hyderabad is developed by talking about Hi-tech city and real estates business. Mumbai local trains always run full crowded. But Hyderabad MMTS trains don't get adequate patronage. I have also seen some MMTS trains running half empty.

apwala
Telugu Bidda

Hyderabad is not a Metro...

Postby apwala » December 28th, 2005, 8:14 pm

Yes, I agree with what others have to say. Hyderabad is not a Metro. What is the basic definition of a Metro? A city with a population of over a million? Then Vizag and Vijayawada+Guntur are also Metro's. But, thats not the case. A Metro is an important city for the entire country. Like Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai and Bangalore. But , I believe that Hyd will definitely join them in the future and Vizag and BZA+Guntur as well.

And regarding this MMTS trains cancellation, CBN has introduced these MMTS trains just to show off. Hyd don't really need MMTS trains. They are only useful to city with a population of over 1 cr. But, Hyd has only a population of just over 37 lakhs. Then why do Hyd need a MMTS? For example Bangalore also doesn't have a MMTS, where as its population is over 50 lakhs. But, remember Bangalore is a smaller city than Hyd (area wise).

To that extent after the formation of Greater Vizag (first in state), Vizag in area wise is bigger then Bangalore (505 sq km) and Vizag is (590 sq km).

So, I request the state gov not to waste money on Metro trains or MMTS in Hyd. And spend money in improving the infrastructure of the state.

Return to “Hyderabad”