MMTS a big failure in Hyderabad.....

statesman
Telugu Veera

Postby statesman » January 8th, 2006, 8:37 pm

Certainly the MMTSof hyderabad is flop? one has to think why it has flopped? itis because of lack of good approach roads to railway stations in out skirts and government should immediately provide good approach roads/fly over bridges to all out skirt railway stations and also provide bus fecility to all railway stations to reach important places in the city.
STATESMAN

gudivadaguru

Re: MMTS a big failure in Hyderabad.....

Postby gudivadaguru » April 6th, 2006, 4:25 pm

webgeek wrote:This is true to a certain extent. It is waste of running MMTS trains when there is no crowd. I was telling this only in regard to certain routes where there is not much traffic

Starting stages all great ideas go slow. If you think about it. Its the fastest way to reach destinations which are far away (atleast to the areas service is available). It actually opens us to a bigger idea of metro/sky way/subway within the city. Who says there is no crowd for MMTS, MMTS Stations are not crowded because they have limitted services.

MMTS available before and after office hours are always full. How many of us have tested this? I actually boarded an MMTS to see how people are recieving (from necklace road till lingampalli) around 6:00PM. Truth is I had to stand. I went to lingampalli and came back to where I started in the same train.

As a matter of fact. I found few similarities to the service with subways in newyork. Only deference is this train travels above the terrain.

So my request to all hyderabadies is not to go by assumptions. To test for yourself just take a test ride.

apwala
Telugu Bidda

Postby apwala » April 6th, 2006, 5:39 pm

My Dear Gudivada,

I did not tell that MMTS is not good. but, Hyd is still not ready for local trains. Hyd population is only 3.8 million. How can you expect huge demand with such small amunt of population? Chennai and other recognized metors have either 8 million or more than a crore population. So, Hyd still needs to develope for MMTS or Metro.

gudivadaguru

Metro Rail Project

Postby gudivadaguru » April 8th, 2006, 11:52 am

apwala wrote:My Dear Gudivada,

I did not tell that MMTS is not good. but, Hyd is still not ready for local trains. Hyd population is only 3.8 million. How can you expect huge demand with such small amunt of population? Chennai and other recognized metors have either 8 million or more than a crore population. So, Hyd still needs to develope for MMTS or Metro.

If we look at news today in FCCI meeting Dr.Rajashekar Reddy says they are starting Metro Rail Project. More emphasis is needed on public transport now.

Return to “Hyderabad”